Wednesday, May 7, 2008

How safe are your cosmetics?

Reading/learning about all of these chemicals in pretty much everything I use, from moisturizer to shampoo, is extremely overwhelming. Most cosmetics and other personal care products sold in the U.S. contain chemicals that have never been assessed for safety. Studies to understand the potential health impacts from low-dose lifelong exposures to chemical mixtures like those in personal care products have yet to be done, but it's a good idea to be conscious now. Click here to learn how "safe" your cosmetics are and to help choose products that pose fewer potential risks.

I don't use alot of products, but the ones I do use are around the 4-6 range. Does that mean that I'm going to throw everything out and purchase only safe products? Probably not, but when I do need to replace one, I'll definitely be more conscious of the label.

No comments: