Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Deck plan

The picture is a bit distorted and not very clear because we had to change the format from its original PDF format. It's a basic deck, but we may spruce it up with some post caps, lights, benches, etc. We'll see how it looks once the main part of it is built.

We're almost finished with hiring contractors. We had gutters installed a couple weeks ago and
in a few weeks, we should have our deck complete. Hopefully, the deck will be the last large project that we'll have, for a while anyway. We'll still have some landscaping to do under the deck and on the west side of the house, but it shouldn't be too bad. I'd also like to have our whole house audio hooked up this year and possibly a ceramic tile backsplash installed in the kitchen. The backsplash may wait until the fall or next year even. I'm horrible at making decisions on picking colors/patterns. One day, I'll see something I "love" and the next day, see something I love even more! The internet is helpful in many ways, but at the same time, I feel that it gives me too many choices, which makes it even harder for a non-decision-maker to make a decision!

Our deck will be a maintenance free Timbertech flooring (reddish-brown color), black aluminum spindles and then natural cedar railings. At first, we thought the deck looked sort of mix 'n matchy, but after seeing pictures of them, we really like it. And it's cheaper too, which is a plus for a frugal gal like myself.

No comments: